Highly Cited Researchers rankings - Six researchers from the TUM School of Life Sciences among the most cited worldwideCategory: Research, Award, Top-News
Fourteen TUM researchers belong to the world's most frequently cited scientists. Their names can be found in the latest Highly Cited Researchers rankings.
Scientists cite the most important works previously published on the respective topic when writing their papers. This means the total number of times a paper is cited is a good indicator of the quality of the research behind it. To identify the most highly cited researchers, each year the US company Clarivate analyzes its Web of Science database, which covers scientific publications in a broad range of disciplines.
The latest evaluation lists the scientists who were cited most frequently in their subject areas in the period from 2011 to 2021. Researchers who are frequently cited in multiple fields are listed in the Cross-Field category. The list contains the names of about 6,900 persons in no specific order, including the following researchers from the TUM School of Life Sciences:
- Prof. Dr. Senthold Asseng, Chair of Digital Agriculture
- Prof. Dr. Bernhard Küster, Chair of Proteomics and Bioanalytics
- Prof. Dr. Michael Schloter, Honorary Professor for Soil Microbiology
- Prof. Dr. Rupert Seidl, Chair of Ecosystem Dynamics and Forest Management in Mountain Landscapes
- Prof. Dr. Ingrid Kögel-Knabner, Chair of Soil Science
Plant and Animal Sciences:
- Prof. Dr. Hans Pretzsch, Chair of Forest Yield Science
Other researchers at the TU Munich include:
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Eiber, Clinic for Nuclear Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Prof. Dr. Bernhard Hemmer, Clinic for Neurology, Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Leucht, Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Prof. Dr. Josef Priller, Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Prof. Dr. Mikael Simons, Chair of Molecular Neurobiology
- Prof. Dr. Fabian Theis, Chair of Mathematical Modelling of Biological Systems
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Tschöp, Chair of Metabolic Diseases
- Prof. Dr. Xiaoxiang Zhu, Chair of Data Science in Earth Observation
In addition, Prof. Laura Herz is among the Highly Cited Researchers in the Cross-Field category. The University of Oxford physicist is currently a fellow at the TUM Institute for Advanced Study.
Further information and links: