TUM scientists among the world's most influential researchers
Six scientists at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) rank among the world's most influential minds in the fields of medicine, natural sciences and life sciences. Their names can be found in the latest "Highly Cited Researchers” rankings, compiled on the basis of the number of citations in scientific publications.
In their papers, scientists routinely cite the most important work previously published on the topic. This makes the total number of citations of a paper a good indicator of the quality of research. For the „Highly Cited Researchers“ rankings, the Web of Science was analyzed. This database registers citations in papers published worldwide in journals of natural and life sciences, medicine and social sciences.
The following TUM scientists are among the most highly cited researchers in their various fields:
- Prof. Roland A. Fischer, Chair of Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry
- Prof. Adnan Kastrati, Professorship of Interventional Cardiology / German Heart Centre Munic
- Prof. Ingrid Kögel-Knabner, Chair of Soil Science
- Prof. Stefan Leucht, Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Prof. Thomas Meitinger, Chair of Human Genetics / Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Prof. Heribert Schunkert, Chair of Cardiology / German Heart Centre Munich
“Highly Cited Researchers” lists approximately 6,000 scientists (in no particular order). The latest edition covers the period from 2006 to 2016. The analysis is prepared by the proprietor of the Web of Science, the US company Clarivate Analytics.